Saturday, March 01, 2008

Beautiful Handmade Jewelry

I met a local talented mom in one of my portrait session and learned that she made beautiful personalized sterling jewelery.

One of her most popular items is a name bracelet or necklace, made with sterling silver cubes or by hand stamping. Customers have an option by adding a cross charm which is great for First Communion bracelets or adding birthstone or pearls for Mother's day gift.

She started making jewelry in 2002 after she had her first daughter.

"All started because I couldn't find silver jewelry for my daughter. It's our family tradition to give newborns a gold or silver anklet as a gift. I've searched local stores, even on the internet, but couldn't find one I like... It's just happened that I had taken jewelry making class and felt that I could make one myself."

With her Bachelor in Architecture, she felt that working in metal jewelry is just like architecture in a much smaller scale. Her pieces can be found on her online etsy store: bigib or visit her website http://www.bigib.com
Or you can visit her blog for online store specials: bigibdesigns.blogspot.com

Here are a couple of gorgeous samples:


No comments: