Saturday, January 24, 2009

Family Fun Friday

Since my oldest was off of school on Friday, my sweet husband took off of work and we decided to make it a day with the kids. We took a trip to the The Mitchell Park Domes in Milwaukee to see the Lego Land Model Railroad Show. Here are a few snapshots from the show:






Can you guess the city built from Legos?


My favorite... the hobos in the boxcar. The conductor was sweet to slow down the train to allow me to take a snap of this.


My youngest son's favorite - The Pirate Ship


And don't forget your binoculars.



While you don't really need them to see the exhibit, it's nice to have so you can really see the details. Here you can see the making of the show: The Making Of The Show

After lunch at the Domes, we headed over to BBC Lighting in Milwaukee. Some may cringe on taking their kids to a lighting showroom, but it was actually fun for them. They serve free popcorn - which keeps my kids occupied. There's a bunch of antiques such as Merry-Go-Rounds, funky, colorful lighting (for example - a stop light. My kids thought it was the coolest light there and that we should buy it for our new house - LOL!) and other odd things for sale. Too bad I didn't bring my camera inside. Maybe next time.

So that was our family fun day on a Friday. Can't wait to do it again!

3 comments:

Anna-Karin said...

Looks like you had a great time!

Sheri said...

I love legos!! I am betting fun was had by all!

Jan Herbert said...

looks like a fun place!!!