Sunday, June 07, 2009

Flashes of Hope - Milwaukee

Milwaukee, WI - children photographer


I recently volunteered to be a photographer for Flashes of Hope - Milwaukee Chapter. It was an honor and amazing experience to be able to meet such brave children and their wonderful families and caregivers. I dedicate my work to this foundation because it is near and dear to my heart as I have lost my cousin Hector, my cousin Veronica, and my aunt Martha who have lost their battle to cancer.

And a big thank you to the staff and nurses at Children's Hospital of Milwaukee for volunteering their time and efforts and to Kimberlyann Photography for assisting me.

Flashes of Hope is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating uplifting portraits of children fighting cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.












13 comments:

MaryAnn said...

Sylvia, these are such beautiful portraits!! So much personality, life and character! What lovely models you had to work with, too. Fabulous work for a very worthwhile cause.

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Sylvia!

- Meg

Dawn Roberts said...

These are amazing. Beautiful images, beautiful people and a beautiful gift you've given them.

Marmalade said...

Amazing amazing shots of some pretty remarkable (& strong) individuals. Beautiful as always, Sylvia!

Joy said...

Sylvia- A wonderful, compassionate job on these images. Bravo for such wonderful work on such beautiful and strong people.

PamN said...

Beautiful people...beautiful images....beautiful work Sylvia!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous beautiful people!!! I love the pictures b/c it exudes the vibrant and strong personalities that each survivor has!! Very nice job mama!!
Jen

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful pictures! Amazing work as always!

Anne

Kimmi said...

Sylvia, these turned out beautiful. Thank-you so much for inviting me to come along and help you out. It was an amazing experience and these children and their families were also amazing. I was so honored to be a part of it with you. Thanks again and beautiful job.

Brandy Anderson said...

These are such amazing portraits, they really touched me.

Jan Herbert said...

Wow! Sylvia, these are incredible-- they're all beautiful. Simply stunning.

angela said...

these are just amazing and beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Great job Sylvia.

Thanks for sharing your talents with these wonderful families.

Bill Owens